2017 was good to us.
One thing I love about the New Year is that it forces you to reflect on your past year, whether it’s the good things that you’re grateful for or tougher times that you hope to put past you. It’s also a great time for us to reflect on goals we have for our families, ourselves, and our businesses.
Here are some of my favorite moments from 2017:
I was published on Scary Mommy. My article did so well that it was the headline in their newsletter and has since been republished multiple times. I also went on to publish a subsequent article with them.
Graham turned one, and we threw him an epic lumberjack party. And while we’re at it, Hayley turned 13 and had a killer unicorn cake, and Colin turned 4 and had an adorable Halloween themed birthday party at Hat Creek. How are these kids so old?
I joined Ever Skincare on my 30th birthday and began my first “big girl” skincare routine as a birthday treat to myself.
I got more serious about blogging, picture taking, and my goals for content strategy. I launched my own agency and have some major plans for it in 2018.
I made some amazing new friends. Discovered incredible new places. Explored and loved on Austin and my family. It was an overall great year.
For 2018, I have some serious goals. I plan to break them down into monthly tasks so I don’t get overwhelmed. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Help Colin. We’ve been dealing with some rough behavior from this little dude, and it’s been wearing on my mama heart. He has some symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder and recently had an FBA at school to try to get to the root of some of his behavioral issues because he has stumped his brilliant teachers. My goal of 2018 is to get him situated with a developmental pediatrician and an OT so he can have regular therapy to help him succeed. He’s such a smart, sweet little soul who just needs something different than our other two kids.
- Regular date nights. Not just with my husband, but with my kids. Kyle and I have a great plan (all his idea, I can’t take credit) to rotate weekends — one weekend will be a date night for us, and the following will be a date night for one of the kids. Hayley is 13 now and needs regular 1:1 time with each of us, especially as she’s navigating the world of hormones. Yikes.
- Listen to more podcasts. I have a huge list of podcasts that I listen to regularly, whether it’s to be inspired, escape, or grow as a writer or strategist.
- Launch my podcast. Speaking of podcasts, I have some exciting things coming for my blog. I have officially purchased the domain for my podcast that I hope to launch early this year as an extension of both my blog and my digital media agency. Stay tuned — I think you’re going to love it.
- Keep writing and perfecting my craft. Blog regularly for myself and keep growing my own brand on social media. I truly love connecting with others.
- Gain clients for my digital media agency. I want to continue to meet new people, grow, and expand my client base so that I can increase the income for the amazing people I work with.
- Self-care, self-care, and more self-care. Taking the time to love on myself and losing weight, eating healthy, sleeping better, and making sure I’m scheduling time for regular haircuts and pedicures.
- Network. I want to venture into Austin and keep networking to grow my client base and connections. I love meeting new people and hearing their stories.
- Significantly reduce my student debt. You don’t even want to know how much money my loans are. My goal is to pay off all of my private loans in 2018, which would cut my payments in half.
- Making my clients’ dreams come true. I am so in love with my clients and treat their businesses as if they were my own. It is my greatest passion to see them succeed, and I hope we have a lot of wins together in 2018.
What are your resolutions? I’m giving one follower the chance to win $25 to Starbucks to help spark some creativity, “me” time, or simply as just a treat. Enter below, and good luck!